Govt receives $40m to improve secondary education

12 0

The facility expansion project, which forms part of the $40-million additional financing from the World Bank under the Secondary Education Improvement Programme (SEIP), has taken off.

The project will impact 75 schools through the improvement of facilities and learning outcomes, the Deputy Minister of Education in charge of General Education, Dr Yaw Osei Adutwum, announced in Accra yesterday

Dr Adutwum was speaking in an interview when he paid a visit to the Daily Graphic newsroom, where he interacted with the members of the editorial conference in Accra yesterday.

Last year, the government received an additional $40 million from the World Bank for the improvement of senior high schools (SHSs) under the SEIP.

Known as the SEIP Additional Financing (AF), the money is meant to enhance facilities in 75 schools.

SEIP schools

The SEIP schools are the 23 World Bank-sponsored school blocks, known as the E-Blocks, initiated by the Mahama administration to improve access to education.

The SEIP project seeks to increase access to SHS education in under-served districts and improve quality in low-performing SHSs in Ghana.

Visit

Dr Adutwum said the government had so far completed nine of the remaining 15 SEIP schools which were initiated by the previous administration under the sponsorship of the World Bank.

He said five of the remaining SEIP schools would be completed by the end of this month, adding that the funds used for the construction of the school blocks were public funds and, therefore, there was no way the current government would abandon them.

Additional Financing

The SEIP project seeks to increase access to SHS education in under-served districts and improve quality in low-performing SHSs in Ghana.

Visit

Dr Adutwum said the government had so far completed nine of the remaining 15 SEIP schools which were initiated by the previous administration under the sponsorship of the World Bank.

He said five of the remaining SEIP schools would be completed by the end of this month, adding that the funds used for the construction of the school blocks were public funds and, therefore, there was no way the current government would abandon them.

source:graphic.com.gh

 

Related Post

School inspection goes digital

Posted by - February 11, 2020 0
The National Inspectorate Board (NIB) of the Ministry of Education has introduced the use of digital tools for schools inspection,…

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *